Having mild hot flashed, less periods, severe thigh cramps, tried advil, No relief. What should i do?

I am a 49 year old women. I have been having mild hot flashed and have only had two periods in the past year. Last week, I began to experience severe thigh cramps. They occur both at night and during the day but are more consistent at night. I am having a great deal of trouble sleeping. I have tried advil and Aleve, but the only thing that really relieves the pain is a hydro-codone. I do not want to take hydro codone on a daily basis. I do not want to take any addictive and/or narcotic substances. What do you suggest?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013