Having memory loss. MRI showing chronic ischemic infarction in right occipital region with gliotic changes. What does it mean? History of CVA

Hi, my mother is 75 years old, had a CVA last year. She has now become forgetfull since a month or so and the report of an MRI done yesterday says previously noted ischemic infarction in right occipital region now appears chronic with gliotic changes, rest of the report is same as was done last what does these gliotic changes mean??? Kindly answer, thank u.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012