Having continuous bleeding after medical abortion. Advised due to malfunction of uterus. Scan shows no remnants. Suggestions?

My wife is having heavy bleeding after 1.5 months of medical abortion . Bleeding is lasting for 2 weks now and not geting stopped. We consulted doctor and he advised to take primolut N tablets for next 20 days with different dosages for each five days. Is it approporiate to take this medicine? Doctor has done sonography and confirmed that nothing is left out in the uterus post medical abortion and therefore bleeding is not because of any incomplete abotion but due to malfunction of uterus. Please advice.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012