Have swollen tonsils with pain. Need cure. On prednisone and ibuprofen. Suffer from mono infection

I have been diagnosed with mono and was told that there was nothing that they could put me on to cure it and that it goes away on its own. They did, however put me on Pednisone, which didn t really do much of anything. My lymph node/right tonsil has become so swollen that it hurts to talk, eat and I sound like I m talking with a massive jawbreaker in my mouth. I went back to another doctor that put me on Clindamycin (for bacterial infections) and was told that this should help with the tonsil part. I have tried to gargle salt water, I take Ibuprofen , I ve tried warm and cold compress and tea with honey . Does anyone know of anything else I can do to try and get some relief from this pain? It s starting to affect my right ear as well. It feels like I can t pop my ear :( Please don t tell me to see a doctor as I am still under doctor s care and have seen a doctor about this. I m just looking for some at home remedies or things that have worked for others. Thank you very much!
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013