Have stitches on forehead and it is swollen. CT scan shows no brain injury. Suggestions?

My son was knocked out sunday morning and required 17 stitches from the middle forehead hairline to his left eyebrow. The swelling seems to be getting worse. They did a CT scan and a few dense foreign bodies but no brain injury . We did wake him every 3 hours last night and thru the day today, but he has done a lot of sleeping. Mostly we are worried about so much swelling clear down to his chin . We have been icing it just recently. The weight of anything on his face is pretty painful. He is 32 years old if that matters. Should we be doing anything else?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013