Have spots on neck, back of head and hip. Took benedryl. Now have spread. Is benedryl the reason?

I believe i have a allergy reaction that I woke up with yesterday
I have been told by some it could be poison oak, but can't think of a time when that could have happened unless it was 3 weeks ago. red splotches on back of neck, back of head and hips to begin with. I wasn't aware that you could take 2 benedryl every 4 hours.. so i was only taking 1 every six or 8. I went to sleep and woke up to a really bad swollen face, but not with the redness like the other spots. Also the neck and head bumps had subsided 85%. However there were new places on my body.. thighs back, chest, knees that have flared.. whereas my hips got better as did neck and head... so is benedryl the answer for allergic reaction.. and what if it is poison oak.. can i still bathe? I bought Aveeno Oatmeal Bath.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013