Have pimples and nodules. Was on birth control pill. Was on medication. What to do?

40 years old, never had breakouts as a teen, last couple years have been horrible, large nodules & many pimples non stop. Was on a regular birth control piil, decided to see a dermatologist back in aug. 2012. She put me on loryna, doxycycline [for a few months to clear infection], spirolactone [50mg per day], tretinoin creme at night & clindamycin in morning. the first few months was hell, then it seemed to clear up, very excited. Now the last couple of months it seems I am on a downward spiral with breakouts and want to drop it all!! What do I do?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013