Have pain in penis and passing smelly urine with blood in it. Should I consult a doctor?

My husband has been saying his penis has been hurting for about 3 days,but today he came home and told me that he had went to the restroom while at work and after he was done peeing light red pee drops came out.I as well have been having pee problems when I pee my pee smells and I have have odor down there I believe I have an infection and may have passed it onto my husband should we go see someone or is there any over the counter medication we can take?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013