Have pain and smell while passing urine. Had unprotected sex during period. Medication?

hi i had sex with my partner during period & that time we were not using condoms . The next after that i had foul smell in my urine and again next day to that i had terrible pain in passing urine. So is that mean i got STD or just a simple urine infection as i cannot hold urine & whenever i am feeling i have to rush to bathroom. Now i am takinng medicine for urine infection. But is there anything else i should do i am not sure please help me out. which medicines should i take other than urine infection medincines. I am 23 year old.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013