Have myositis ossificans. On acetic acid to help break down calcification. What to expect?

I have myositis ossificans on my right quad. Got it 2 years ago and since it has subsided partially, allowing me to continue playing basketball, which I do professionally. 2 weeks ago I was playing on concrete floor and the quadricep muscle above where I initially had it began to knot up and harden. I am not sure if it is Myositis Ossificans or just a knot in my leg muscle. Either way it is a little painful and also a little restrictive of my movement. Not sure what I should do for it. I am in Africa currently for a basketball contract so seeing a competent doctor would not be easily done. I remember when I first had it, and got therapy , the therapist said Acetic Acid (or regular vinegar) could help break down the calcification of the muscle. So I purchased a clean new needle out here and some purified apple vinegar and injected it into the site of the knot/pain. Did not make much of a difference. Please let me know what I can/should do for this without being able to see a doctor currently. I have rested it for over 2 weeks now and still no improve. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  83 Awaiting Answer