Have inflamed hair follicle on pubic bone, not healing. Do not want scar

I had (what I was told was) an inflamed hair follicle on top of my pubic bone rupture almost 3 years ago. The wound has still not healed. It goes through these cycles where it appears to be healing , only to swell and rupture again. The inflamed area around it has now become larger and harder. Unfortunately, the area always appears to be in the healing state every year when I go to have my PAP smear so my doctor is always dismissive about it. I think the wound needs to be more than just drained as it does that naturally by itself. Some kind of removal of the tissue might be in order. Naturally, I don t want a huge scar in that area so I m wondering if I need to go see a cosmetic surgeon , dermatologist, or another gynecologist. I ve actually had 2 gynecologists dismiss the issue saying that the area wasn t serious enough to put me on antibiotics and that it would heal. But I mean like, it s been 3 years. I haven t been sexually active in all that time because of the embarrassment. It s nothing sexually transmitted (I m tested every year during my well woman s exam/PAP) just a skin lesion, I guess you would call it. Whatever it is, it s gross and not attractive at all.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012