Have high-risk pregnancy, first baby got cord tangled around neck. Can I fight for a natural water birth?

Hi my name is Ammie, with my last pregnancy i was induced for 3 days just over a week from my due date. I only reached 2.5cm and the nurses decieded to take me down to break my waters, i was also put on a drip to help me contract. As the midwife went to take the heart monitor off my belly she noticed a slight dipp in the babys heart rate which continued every few mins, they took me off the drip for 20mins to see if the baby calmed down but he was having dips so i was preped for an emergency c-section. It turns out he was wrapped twice in his cord, round his neck and waist but needed no help breathing and spent no time in nicu. Im pregnant again 1 year and 8 months later and i have been told that i cant have a water birth and that im high risk. I dont see why i would be classed as high risk and we were both healthy he just got tangled towards the end, my midwife said i would be given another scan later on in my pregancy and i have to see a consulatant for my 20 week scan. I really want to be able to do this myself and the last c-section was hard enough with a little baby that hardly moved but with a baby and my son who will be 2 years 5 months it will be difficult, im due in december 16th and due to the time of year its going to be hard for me to have help from family as they cant have holiday over christmas or during january sales. please give memsome god news and let me know i can fight for a natural water birth as long as i monitored closely and have a scan close to my due date or whilst im in labour?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012