Have hiatal hernia, woke up with intense pain in upper abdomen, extreme diarrhea. Is this hernia attack ?

I have hiatal hernia . I was woken up on Sunday with intense pain in my upper abdomen . It felt like someone was literally squeezing my insides right under my chest . The pain last little over an hour and then subsided. But periodically throughout the rest of the day I would get the pain back but only for a few seconds. Also, as soon as I would eat, I would get extreme diarrhea ... extremely liquid. Could this have been a hiatal hernia attack?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013