Have had sciatica problems, herniated disc. Legs hurt. Acupuncture of help?

I have problems with my legs specifically I am unable to stand for long periods of time...54 yrs old....2 children 2 and 4 yrs old...have had sciatica problems including an operation 1 year ago L4-L5(herniated disck)...the leg pai(severe) is gone...I am not sure if more exercise makes it worse or better...get lots of cramps every night in my legs sometimes keeping me sharp pain in legs rather heavy tired stride when walking appears to be changing as I am now starting to develop a limp(slight) right knee almost appears like it wants to pop out...,my doctor has asked I be patient but the longer I go the worse my legs get...I have children who need me physically...Any wife is telling me to try accupuncture...worried I wil lose ability to walk soon...
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012