Have brown discharge. Have birth control. Tried switching packs. Anything wrong?

I am 19 years old and have been on the same birth control since I was 13 because my menstrual cycles were so heavy. I have recently been experiencing brown particles and brown blood flowing out.Spotting was never an issue previously and it is more blood than just spotting. I went to the doctor twice now and they said it is because of my birth control. I have switched packs and tried the 3 - 2 - 1 method and I am still experiencing bleeding and brown tissue like particles coming out and dark brown blood. Is this a sign that something is wrong? Or should I change my birth control again?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013