Have anal fissures. Used botox for numbness. Severe pain. Need surgery?

I have had anal fissure for a number of years. It was injected with Botox to numb it for six months to see if it will heal itself. After these six month period, it was fine for a while when I use frequent steroid ointment(Rectogesic Rectal ointment) precisely. Since November 2012, I have been in excruciating pain. I eat and drink fibre, with my stool even soft, I still feel pain after the activity. The pain start usually after I've been to toilet, it often start of gradually and severe as time progresses. It can last for 6 to 7 hours regardless of the ointment or pain killers. I have been scheduled for another treatment under general anaesthesia, I don't know if another Botox or surgery. I need your candid professional advice.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013