Have PCOS. Getting painful, dark and irregular periods. Is it time for a hysterecomy?

I am 37 yrs old...I have PCOS for I have always had problems with periods. The last yr or better they have gotten worse..only going for 2-3 days one day extremely heavy and barley enough to ware a pad the next.. The last few months the crampy is extremely painful and the blood is very dark red almost black in color....passing huge clots and it is very thick,,paste like or even grainy? Is it time for a hysterecomy?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012