Have Diverticulitis. Took Cipro. Bowels are up and down. Advise on fiber intake

I am a 47 year old man who was recently told he has Diverticulitis. I was on Cipro and finished taking those, my pain in my abdomen has finally gone away after several weeks but my bowels are still up and down. I am having regular bowel movements, no blood, no straining, but I do hear gas sounds when passing the bowel movement and my stools are sometimes normal and sometimes like ribbons. What should I do increase my fiber intake???
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013