Has been passing black sticky stool. Why was he pressing stomach?

My preschooler has been passing black sticky stool today - four times so far. What could be the reason and what should I give him for it? Before going to the bathroom each of those times, he was pressing his stomach , which I have noticed is a bit bloated. Also FYI till yesterday he was constipated but passed stool on his own in the evening. He had a lot of chocolate cake at a birthday party later in the evening yesterday. thanks for your help.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012