Hard lump next to lymph node after RCT, tried antibiotics, no help. Anything serious ?

How serious can a lump in the next be? My mom has had a lump in the right side of her next (about where a lymph node would be) that has been swollen for nearly 2 weeks after receiving a root canal . She was put on antibiotics and none of them seemed to work. The lump has become larger, harder, and she has begun to feel more ill. Fatigue , exhaustion, overall sick. Blood work was taken over a week ago and we still haven t heard back and are unable to get in touch with the doctor. Is this something that can wait until we finally hear from the doctor, or should we head to the emergency room?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013