Hand stiffness, recurring on lying down, not pinched nerves. Causes and treatment?

For a month now, my hand has started to feel very stiff in the mornings, to a point where I can t curl my fingers without it being painful. When it gets like that, and I try to make a fist, it feels like my fingers pop out of place. If I get up and move around for a bit, it subsides, but the stiffness always returns when I lie down again. I don t think it could be a pinched nerve because it s not constant; it s only when I lie down/sleep. I don t experience any tingling/numbness on a regular basis either.
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012