Hair loss. Using minscalp gel 5% for hair growth. Will it stop natural hair growth if discontinued?

Hi, I was suggested to use Minscalp Gel 5% by a dermatologist to keep my hair growth normally. After coming back to home, I am reading through the leaflet inside the box and wondering whether it causes any side affects or not.. Basically it says, If treatment is discontinued, new hair growth usually will be shed within few months . Does it stop my natural hair growth also or only the growth caused by this gel?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012