Had unsafe sex. On birth control, light period. What is the meaning?

I am on birth control . I have unprotected sex with my boyfriend but I ve always started on time and lasted like normal. About two months ago my period started getting lighter but I figured that was because I ve been on my birth control for two years now. This month however is different. I started my period on January 16 and it did what is has been doing for the last couple of months but lasted normally. But now it s January 30 not even a week since my last day on my period and I m starting to bleed again. It s not period blood either. What could this mean?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013