Had unprotected sex, with light spotting, pregnancy test negative. Reason for spotting?

had my period last weekend and had sex with my boyfriend. my period was a week early, but i have been realy stressed out lately with work and home and mx ex-husband so i figured it was early because of that. yesterday before me and my boyfriend had sex i went to the bathroom and when i wiped, it was a very light pink on toilet paper. thats the only time it happened. i took pregnancy test today at hospital where i work and it was negative.....what could it be.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013