Had unprotected sex, used petroleum jelly to lubricate. Will this lubricant avoid pregnancy?

me and my boyfriend are trying to prevent pregnancy and we used petroleum jelly to lubricate my vagina so his penis could slid in easily and we looked online and people said that it would prevent sperm and kill sperm but I put it on the outside of my vagina on the vulva not inside once he slid his penis inside he ejaculated during sexual excitement im not on birth control of any kind and this happened 2 days before ovulation did the petroleum jelly prevent the sperm from getting in
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013