Had unprotected sex before periods. Has cramps. Can you get pregnant, day after sex?

Ok I m 21 and my girlfriend is 18, we had unprotected sex on Feb 17th and the day after she had major cramps and she s suppose to get her period by Thursday Feb 21st, so could get pregnant the day after sex? So she also takes birth control but this week she doesn t take it because of her period. She also takes other medications but for other things I don t know. so she said her cramping could be because of the birth control but I wanted to get a doctors opinion, please it would be really appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013