Had unprotected sex after missing pill. Delay in period and started spotting. Pregnant?

I am eighteen years old and am taking birth control for over a year, sometimes however I miss a pill and take it the next day along with that days pill. I recently had unprotected sex. I was supposed to get my period on Thurday January 17th, yesterday, however instead of a normal period I had light brown spotting. I am terrified that I am pregnant but would like to tell my mother and partner if I were to make the proper decisions on what I should do. I do not have the money to buy a pregnancy test at the moment. In your opinion, do you think there is a chance that I am pregnant? Thank you very much.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013