Had unprotected sex. Should I take pills to avoid pregnancy? Is there any side effects?

my girl friend s age is 32. we had sex yesterday. but my condom got damaged from the tip. some of my cum fall inside of her vagina and rest of it fall outside. so is it right to give her pills to avoid pregnancy because she doesnt wants to be pregnant. do these pills give major side effects?? and in future any problem can occur if she takes the pills to avoid her pregnancy???? please give me your valuable suggestion.......
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012