Had sinus surgery twice. Coughing up scabs, phlegm from nose after second surgery. Solution?

I had sinus surgery (for chronic sinusitis ) 2 yrs ago and 10 yrs before that. From the 2nd surgery I was coughing up scabs and phlegm from my nose for many months afterwards. The dr. only said that he couldn t see anything when he looked in my nose. I continued to suffer. The summer of 2012 things seemed to subside, meaning the coughing up phlegm and scabs stopped. But now, in the winter, I have started again. Any thoughts as to why now? I would think that dry air would make things easier for me. Also, I am allergic to many things: trees, dust, mold (severely), grass, and many foods. I don t eat the foods I am allergic to. I saw on the Dr. Oz show that coffee, chocolate and mint can cause acid reflux . I have noticed I cough up phlegm after I drink coffee, but it happens with other foods. I guess I could have a diet of water, rice and beans. But I was hoping that it didn t have to come to that. Alicia
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013