Had scant bleeding during period. Having abdomen pain. Sonography revealed cyst in the uterus. Medicines or surgery?

hi, My name is Sabina and I am 29 years old. Never been a mother before. I have 28 days regular period circle. In February my periods started on 19th with heavy flow and lot of pain for 3 days only. In March i was expecting my periods to be started on 19th but it started on 21st of March, with normal flow only for 1 day and after that spotting for next 2 days (1 drop each day only). The color of this discharge was not like regular period. It was brownish. Since the first day i.e. 21st of March, I am having pain in lower abdomen and left side of abdomen. I am doubtful whether it could be the implantation bleeding. I have had HPT but it was NEGATIVE. I also had a sonography and the report says there is a cyst in my uterus sized 5 X 4.6 cm, which if can't be removed by medicines, an operation will have to be done. Please suggest, what should I do?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013