Had persistant cough, bronchiectasis, congested around the sinus area. What tests you recommend?

Hi, I have had a persistant cough for the past 4 years.I cough evry morning I wake and often during the night..It gets worse in the winter time.I have had xrays and have been told I have Bronchiectasis .In saying that I m constantly congested around the sinus area.I can easily fill a 1/2 to 1 cup of phelgm a day. I requested to see a nose and throat specialist ,this was 6 months ago.Maybe I need to pay to see one.Do you think I should and what sort of questions should I ask and what tests do you think I should have to find out whats wrong so I can sort this problem. Thanks Sharon
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013