Had ovary removal surgery. Having occassional delayed periods. Ovary not ovulating?

I m online seeking advice because I am not. Covered under health insurance at the moment. I had an ovary removed in February 2012 (a month shy of a year ago) and my periods have remained fairly normal. They ve been a little irregular, but I track them and the irregularity has been no more than a week s difference. I was reading online (which can freak anyone out) that if you periods are irregular after 4-6 months post surgery that you may not be ovulating at all. An OBGYN told me a few years back that as long as you get your period, it s certain that you re ovulating. I want to have a baby in the next couple of years or so. Is it possible that 1 yr post surgery I should still be adjusting? Is fertility treatment likely? If my period is occasionally a week or so late, does that mean my remaining ovary isn t ovulating?!
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  0 Views:  7 Awaiting Answer