Had osteochondritis dissecans of the talus in both ankles, relapse in the right ankle, swelling, pain. Advice?

I have had osteochondritis dissecans of the talus in both of my ankles and I had surgery on both ankles. My left ankle I had surgery on 2 years ago and it is fine. My right ankle I had surgery on about 5 years ago and it needs further surgery because I have the same condition in that ankle again. Today I was sitting on a stool and it tipped over and I fell. When I fell off the stool, I hit my ankle/ fibula on the rim of the stool seat. Immediately there was a indented line there which appeared as if it was a cut, although the skin was not punctured. There was excruciating pain in my ankle and it hurt to move it and walk on it. It is swollen and if I do not elevate it, It hurts and throbs. Its been 8 hours since then, and within that period I have taken 7 ibuprofen . I ve kept it elevated and iced but it still really hurts and the swelling has not gone down. How serious could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Oct 2012