Had miscarriage, ultrasound showed no remnants, drew blood to check HCG levels, pain in abdomen, lower back. Reason?

i had a miscarriage on 10/7/12 on 10/5/12 i had a vag ultrasound and they said that they did not see anything in the sac they checked my hcg levels and i they were 680 they said i was very early in pregnacy that is y they were not able to see anything... the dr didnt do a dnc all they did was blood draws to make sure my hcg levels were 0 .. i have been hurting from my lower back and of lower abdomen ... why??
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012