Had heart attack. Received stents. Stopped statins. Will it have side effects? Continue?

I am male, had a heart attack at 50, now 53. Received two stents in my LAD on 2-27-10. Stopped statins in January, 2012, due to severe side affects. Last week cholesterol tested 201, LDL 141, glucose 79, HDL 40, trig 98. I am sure doctor will want me to go back on a statin but I don t want to due to side affects and fear of long-term consequences. I am 5 10 , 153 pounds, have a decent diet, work out 2-3 times per week, don t smoke, sleep better now that I m off statins, think better, etc. etc. I am a trial lawyer so mental sharpness is imperative. Family history of high cholesterol and heart disease. I have reduced sugar in my diet. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012