Overweight, IBD, multinodular thyroid, low triglycerides, difficulty in losing weight. How can I overcome this?

Am 55 and totally unable to lose weight despite eating less than l000 cals a day. Have IBD and cannot tolerate starches. Was informed by my physician my FBS is now 144, Hem A1C is 6.5, triglyerides are low, HDL 56, LDL 160. Am totally stymied because I cannot eat any less food and she wants me to lose weight. Thyroid is multinodular, but they say all is in the normal range. What can I do? With metabolic syndrome , isn t triglyerides hight and LDL low? Could I be LADA since type 1 is in my family? Would I lose weight if I went on metformin?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  40 Awaiting Answer