Recently did some blood test. What are the findings and treatment?

Dear Sir,
Recently did some blood test and found the followings:-
SGOt 56,SGPT 145,Bilirubin Total 1.31,LDL Cholesterol 197.80, HDL Cholesterol 34,Cholestrol total 276, Triglycerides 221& uric acid 7.80.
Please advice medication.
Thanking you ,
With Kind Regards,
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to see a physician.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would say that some of your tests are abnormal but for starting any kind of medication physical examination is necessary plus the coexistant risk factors need to be looked at .

You lipid profile is deranged with your total cholesterol raised and elevated triglycerides for which a statin or fenofibrate group of drug needs to be started. A healthy lifestyle , regular exercise is definitely recommended.

Your SGPT SGOT are raised , first thing is to look for any evidence of jaundice .You are already taking udiliv tablets but the reason is not clear.

There is no need to start any medication for raised uric acid until you have episodes of gouty pain. I would advise you to consult a physician for this purpose as all risk factors have to be looked in totality for taking any decision.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Recently did some blood test. What are the findings and treatment? 10 minutes later
Dear Doctor,
Forgot to mention that I had been consuming alcohol regularly, I've stopped now and also I'm taking Telma 40 for B.P.
Please Advice.

Thanking you,
With Best Regards,

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Stop alcohol use.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Your liver function derangement along with lipid profile abnormalities can be attributed to your alcohol intake . You are advised to stop its intake immediately.

Dr. Shruti