Had fallen and smacked elbow. No fracture. Swollen and painful to throw ball. Remedy?

About 6 weeks ago I fell snowboarding and smacked the inside of my elbow. I also skinned up my face pretty bad so it wasn't the most serious of injuries. I went and had an x-ray two days later as it was swollen and didn't have full range of motion. They stated that there were no fractures. As of today I still have alot of swelling and pain and can pinpoint the sight. My GP thinks maybe I traumatized the bursa sac but it's not swollen on the boney part at the bottom, just the side. I play a tremendous amount of baseball and I can't throw a ball without excrutiating pain. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013