Having pain in thigh and shoulders, lump on elbow, thigh and arm. Suggest?

I have been having pain in my upper thigh and also in my shoulders...I also have these lumps on my left elbow, one on my thigh right in th place that hurts and one on my right arm above my wrist....the pain is getting worst all the time.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's bursitis ( inflammation of bursa )

Detailed Answer:

I am dr XXXXXXX and I will try my level best to address your concerns.

Bursitis normally develops as a result either of a single injury to the elbow (e.g., a hard blow to the tip of the elbow), or perhaps more commonly due to repeated minor injuries, such as repeated leaning on the point of the elbow on a hard surface. The chance of developing bursitis is higher if one's job or hobby involves a repetitive movement (e.g., tennis, golf, or even repetitive computer work involving leaning on one's elbow). The possibility of developing the condition is more common as one gets older.

Treatment for it is as follows
1) rest and avoiding further injury to the area.
2) pads can be applied to assist in cushioning of the area.
3) over the counter pain medication mostly helps to reduce the pain.
4) drainage of the fluid from the lump via a needle/syringe.
5) injecting a steroid around lump will help reducing the swelling and the pain.
6) If NOTHING in above mention list works then a minor surgery is done to remove the bursa.

Please let me know if you need any further help.