Had breast cancer. Cancer cells found in lungs lining, acid reflux, stomach wall enlarged. Is it cancer?

My mother had breast cancer 5 years ago. In decemeber they found cancer cells in her lining of her lungs. At the time they also found her stomach wall was thick but they dismissed it do not being anything. She told the doctors that she was having acid reflux and she could not eat and had little to drink. We are know in febuary and ahe is back in the hospital and her stomach wall is still enlarge. And now they thick it s cancer
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Sorry to hear about your mother's problem. She is suffering from metastatic breast cancer, which has already spread to the lungs and the doctors are suspecting spread to the abdomen as well.
At this stage she is a candidate only for palliative chemotherapy and hormonal therapy (if the cancer is ER, PR positive).
To confirm the spread to the stomach, a biopsy can be done, but it is not going to change the line of management. She can be given acid reflux medicines by the doctor. The lack of appetite can be explained due to wide spread cancer.
I would suggest that you consult your oncologist and palliative care specialist. For pain management, you can go to a pain clinic.

Hope she feels better after the treatment