Had a TKR on knee, swelling, suspected rheumatoid arthritis, allergic to fluids in lab. Now what?

I had a TKR on 12-8-11 on my left knee . I had extreme swelling of the leg from mid-thigh all the way to my foot from the beginning. I did everything I was told to do, but the swelling is still there, though not nearly like it was. I have had what I thought was fluid on my knee since shortly after the surgery, but I was told the swelling would go down. I went in for the yearly checkup and was told the swelling could be scar tissue . When I disagreed with the doctor, he said that it was fluid that needed to be drained. He aspirated it, sent the synovial fluid to the lab, and told me there was no infection, but that he suspected rheumatoid arthritis . I went to a rheumatologist who told me there was no RA, but very possibly I was experiencing an allergic reaction to the components of the implant. I was not given any information at all about the implant that I received. I called the OS and was told that they don t even keep that info in my file there at their office, and the MA, I felt, proceeded to send me on the proverbial wild goose chase. I suspect, after doing a lot of research, that I could be having a reaction to the metal. How do I find out exactly what implant was used in my knee? If I need to have another TKR, do I dare use the same doctor? What about insurance? I have been made to feel that I just haven t worked hard enough to get this knee in shape, etc.... I can t even walk very far because of the popping in the knee. It doesn t really hurt, but it is so uncomfortable and causes me to walk differently and makes my back hurt. It s a domino affect. When I ve mentioned that, I was told that when the knee sets itself or when the swelling goes away that the popping would stop. I just do not know what to do next. Any advice will be considered. I am very depressed and confused and upset and frustrated!!! Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013