Groin pain radiating to thigh, swelling. Have fatigue, sneezing, chest discomfort. Elevated lymphocyte count. Need advice

Hi, I have a dull pain/discomfort in my left groin which radiates to my left inner-thigh and laterally towards my left kidney, There is some discernible puffing-up of my left groin and slight pain on palpation . My right groin is also slightly puffed-up, however, without any discomfort. I first noticed all of the above approximately 10 days ago, and have been experiencing fatigue , mild sneezing and slight chest discomfort (viral infection like symptoms). A full blood count revealed a slight (2 percent) increase in my lymphocytes (after some experimental penicillin taking on my part - 200mg twice daily for 3 days) and my doctor has put me on Co-amoxyclav 625mg twice a day for 7 days. (He inferred a inguinal hernia, but was not convinced on examination.) I am 40 years old. Non-diabetic. No history of cancer, STD s etc., although, my only sibling was diagnosed with a seminoma at the age of 30. Would greatly appreciate any advice! Thanks! Walker.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013