Got my period. Why the discharge after urination? Why am I spotting?

Okay so I got my period around the 10th it lasted til about the 15th. A few days after I experienced a reddish brown discharge that would occur maybe once or twice a day every other day. I still currently have the discharge I continue to use baby wipes or tissue to wipe away the discharge after urination . I now have a slight itchy feeling accompanied by the discharge. Its slightly chunky at times and seems to have bits of reddish brown tissue or clots in it. I had this similar spotting problem last month. I recently got off of the ortho tricyclen pill in July. Before that I had the depo shot but didn t like the spotting it gave me. Before the depo I was on the ortho pill for quite some time. I m 19 and have a gyno appointment soon but I m just curious as to why my body is all of a sudden out of wack after the depo shot.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012