Got badly hit on knee, spot severely bruised, swollen, painful, causing difficulty in walking. Treatment required?

I was hit very hard on the side of my knee w the metal sprayer of a water hose that was being swung. Its left a bloody imprint of the circular head and has a huge raised bruise and is still.swollen.after 6 days. I cannot stand on this leg alone now or use it to lift my body without pain .when this happened it completley collapsed me and I could not walk for ab a day. it is slowly improving so should I give it more healing time ir see a dr. immediatley for xrays??
Asked On : Tue, 15 May 2012