Frequent white discharge problem. Dr gave vaginal tablets. Used anti histamines during sore throat. Prevention ?

Hi Am 38 years old, and of late am frequently facing white discharge problem. My gynaec said it is a fungal infection and the cause is excess /frequent antibiotic use. She gives vaginal tablets which resolves the problem. The problem is, whenever I get sore throat/ flu etc, I have to have either antibiotics or at least cold medicines like anti-histamines. To avoid antibiotics, I usually have been having anti-histamines. But this is also causing this white discharge problem, along with some itching/mild discomfort/pain in these regions etc. Also, I get symptoms like weakness/headaches/ fatigue along with this. How do I prevent this from occurring frequently? I feel my immune system is weak.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012