Frequency of periods reduced from 30 days to 28 days. Reason for sudden change?

Hi. I am a 24 year old girl, 5 4 weighing 60 kgs. over the past 4 months, I have observed that my period cyle length has reduced from 30-31 days to 28 days, which was never the case before. in the last 4 months, 28, 33, 29 and 28 days were my cycle lengths. there is no change in my flow, and I have always suffered from severe cramps so that s not an anomaly. i was wondering whether i need to visit a gynaec to check regarding the sudden change in the cycle. thank you
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012