Fractured knee, hairline and buckle fracture, inflammation. Is this serious?

Hi, I am 18 years old and about 5 and a half years ago I fractured my left knee in two places near my growth plate; a hairline and buckle fracture. Ever since then my knee cracks when I bend it and also makes a squishy sound. It somtimes gets inflammed. If I walk for a long period of time it also starts to hurt. It s like a sharp pulsating pain but it doesn t hurt that often. I start to wear a knee brace when I get the pain. I was just wondering if there is any serious problem and should I get my knee looked at by a professional. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013