Fractured and dislocated ribs. Pain persists while exercising. Need to see a thoracic surgeon?

Hi Dr. Agarwal, I m Eli. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. On 10/16 I suffered a fractured and dislocated rib while practicing Brazilian Jiu-Jitusu. Front, right side, two down from my sternum. The pain has gone away for the most part but it is still sticking out where the rib meets the cartilage and I still experience pain if I lay on it or exercise strenuously. My question is what should I do now that it s not returning to it s original place? Should I see a thorasic surgeon or try a chiropractor? Both have been recommended. The third alternative is to do nothing and I m not as excited about that. Thank you for your help! -Eli
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013