Forehead bleeding after hitting metal box. Gash open, head throbbing. Should I go to emergency?

I was at the gas station walking up to pay and wasn t watching where I was going and walked straight into a metal box that was hanging on one of the support beams...I have a 1/2 inch gash on my forehead ...the bleeding has appeared to stop but I can see the gash is open. my head is throbbing unbearably at the site, naturally...should I be seen in the ER? concerns I have are possible need for stitches or concussion ...
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013