Foot is not straight, pointing inwards. Have IM rodding, screws after spiral fracture to tibia. How to fix?

I am a 31 year old female. I had IM rodding, two screws, due to a spiral fracture to my tibia and fibula in which they broke in 5 places. It has been 8 weeks and I was informed last week I could begin 50% weight bearing. This is not possible because my foot is unable to sit flat, unless I am seated. No one has explained why my foot is no longer straight and is pointing inward. Help me understand. How can I fix this?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013